28 replies to this topic

#1 Phantom 309

Phantom 309

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 7,876 posts
  • Location2nd to last

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

This is your chance to win a set of five J-Flaters from Jantz Engineering! We figure that alot of you are still pulling the valve cores and playing all the fiddle fumble games associated with that.  J-Flaters are a quick, simple and very effective way of airing down your tires, avoiding the time, hassles, and cost of many other ways.

Posted Image

J-Flaters are a high pressure valve cap, designed such that air can go in through the cap, or the tire pressure can be taken without having to waste time removing the cap itself.

Posted Image

See for yourself.

We'll have some more tech about these posted soon, but for now, let's get to how you can win a set of these bad boys....

Anyone that makes a post with a picture in the "Trip Reports" section between now and next Thursday is eligible! It doesn't neccessarily have to be from a run this weekend, although that's great also. It just has to be pictures from a run that hasn't been seen on this site before. The post with the most likes by the time I get off work on Thursday wins!

#2 toy2337

toy2337

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Locationyakima

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

Those are bad ass!

#3 kfinney

kfinney

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,144 posts
  • LocationThe Burg

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

I want to see some pics so get out there and have fun.....just think, it might just win you some cool stuff!  :cheers:

#4 Phantom 309

Phantom 309

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 7,876 posts
  • Location2nd to last

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

Toy2337 is the first one in with some Tampico, WA pics!

#5 Todd T.

Todd T.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Locationoffcamber.com

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

i had some and took them back off my jeep they leak the seal can hold the pressure of the tire on that little o-ring

#6 Phantom 309

Phantom 309

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 7,876 posts
  • Location2nd to last

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

Jay Dubya is in with an old school report from Rimrock, WA.

#7 Phantom 309

Phantom 309

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 7,876 posts
  • Location2nd to last

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

View PostTodd T., on 09 April 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

i had some and took them back off my jeep they leak the seal can hold the pressure of the tire on that little o-ring

When have you ever had tires that hold air? :lol:

#8 Todd T.

Todd T.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Locationoffcamber.com

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostPhantom 309, on 09 April 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

When have you ever had tires that hold air? :lol:

cheep shot..... the new tires better hold air i payed enough

#9 Jantz Engineering

Jantz Engineering

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPoulsbo, Wa

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

Did you get those from me at the Swap Meet? This is the first I have heard of a problem.

#10 dirtster

dirtster

Dirtster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
  • LocationBuhl, ID

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

Great idea on the deflater valves. I've been using the ones from Trailmaster (or whatever they are called) and they work well because you can preset the desired pressure, but you can't take the pressure reading with them on and you can't just leave them on. Some of the guy in the local club here have two holes in their wheels: one for the regular shrader (sp) valve and one for a deflater valve so they can read the pressure on the regular valve and deflate with the other valve. The Jantz valve combines the two in one.

Are these sold through Jantz engineering webstie or how can they be purchased? I wanna set.

#11 Jantz Engineering

Jantz Engineering

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPoulsbo, Wa

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

View Postdirtster, on 10 April 2013 - 03:56 AM, said:

Great idea on the deflater valves. I've been using the ones from Trailmaster (or whatever they are called) and they work well because you can preset the desired pressure, but you can't take the pressure reading with them on and you can't just leave them on. Some of the guy in the local club here have two holes in their wheels: one for the regular shrader (sp) valve and one for a deflater valve so they can read the pressure on the regular valve and deflate with the other valve. The Jantz valve combines the two in one.

Are these sold through Jantz engineering webstie or how can they be purchased? I wanna set.
I am working on getting them on my website, but I have to get a shopping cart there as well. I'm no webmaster so its going slow. Until then I have found out that you can send money to anyone's email address through Pay Pal. If you dont have a pay pal account you can call or send a check. (I can take Visa, MC, or Discover over the phone)   My email is carl@jantzengineering.com. Pricing as follows:

1 set J-Flaters $24.50 + tax & postage = $28.86   (for those out of Washington state) $26.57
As an added bonus for OC members If you have several sets of tires, I will discount additional sets, just  add $21.00 more per set and I will take care of the tax and shipping.

Carl Jantz 360-598-2773
Jantz Engineering
20555 Pugh RD NE
Poulsbo Wa, 98370

Edited by Jantz Engineering, 10 April 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#12 Jantz Engineering

Jantz Engineering

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPoulsbo, Wa

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

If you got those from me at the swap meet, they were done in my first  batch, it is possible that some of the chips from machining the cross holes got into the valve seat. I have a new process of making them which does not allow that to happen.  Please send me your address so I can send you a new set, I'll include postage so you can send the old ones back, so I can evaluate just what went wrong.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

#13 Phantom 309

Phantom 309

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 7,876 posts
  • Location2nd to last

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Trail Beast is in with several posts containing some Utah Rock Crawling.

Motornoggin is eiligible with a Goat Mt., Or thread.

88Magnum posted some new pics from the Badlands ORV park in Attica, IN.

Gradience is in by adding pics to the Tampico, WA thread.

Chevy Joe with some more WA pics.

Scoot McGrute dropped pics from a Rover Run in Tillamook State Forest, OR.

Check em all out guys and get to Liking......as many times as you want!

#14 Jantz Engineering

Jantz Engineering

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPoulsbo, Wa

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

Thanks B Sheppard, for not waiting for the contest to end. He bot 2 sets.  Also I myself finally had a chance to really use these on a snow wheeling trip.  Its kinda weird, I mean like, I invented them and knew they would be handy, but Holy Snikies! these things are handy. Shortly after airing down at the snow line We rand into a bunch of downed trees in about 2 foot of snow and decided that it was two much trouble to clear the road, so we aired back up. headed back to the high way, then up the logging road and aired down again 30 min later, and then got over that ridge, dropped down into a valley, aired up a bit, then went up to yet a higher elevation and more snow drifts and aired down again. The hole time I was beside myself with just how quick and simple they work. by the end of the day I had my timing down to a couple of seconds to the the right tire pressure I wanted depending on the conditions.  I figured out how to really fill the tires more effectively as well. I have an MV 90 air pump and a small pump to run my ARB. I found I could set up the big air pump on one tire, then I have a coil hose & aii chuck  off the ARB air pump which I put on just one tire. So in few minutes I had filled three tires with the big pump to 35 psi, (from 4) then put it away in its storage bag. By that time I could disconect the small pump and that tire was full as well.  All in about a 6 minute pit stop.

#15 Jantz Engineering

Jantz Engineering

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPoulsbo, Wa

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

Here are the full installation instruction for J-FLATERS l

Before removing valve core, remove any manufacturing burrs, and smooth all dents and abrasions from end of valve stem to prevent wear and tear on the Jflater inner cap seal. (You wouldn’t believe how rough the ends are, even brand new out of the box)
Use supplied Scotch Brite pads under thumb and twist back and forth 20-100 times with coarse pad (purple) depending on how rough the mating surface is. Then about 15 times with the fine pad (grey). Inspect with magnifying glass to assure smoothness.
Note: Valve stems with large dents or flash from chroming may first require filing flat with a fine file or fingernail file or sand paper on a small wood block.
Remove core & install J-Flater finger tight, do not use pliers.
Fill tires to Pavement Pressure, practice airing down a few times till you get to the pressure you want and record the air down time. When you hit the trail head you will now know just how long it takes to air down to wheeling pressure, so you don’t have to waste time reading the gauge over and over. Two twists open airs down fast, ¼ twist open allows you read tire pressure through J-FLATER as you are airing down.
Optional, for tires 38” and larger to increase deflation rate, drill out stem to 5/32”. This will not harm the valve core seat or threads, but it will air you down nearly twice as fast.
Note:  the 5th J-FLATER is not a spare, please give this to a friend while they are airing down, Just walk over and screw it lightly on their valve stem after their core is out. Hopefully they will like them, and order a set, and of course, I hope, their extras will be passed on as well.  

#16 Phantom 309

Phantom 309

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 7,876 posts
  • Location2nd to last

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

Right now it looks like Zip is pulling ahead in the contest.

#17 Jantz Engineering

Jantz Engineering

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPoulsbo, Wa

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

I don't know if any of you guys are going to go to Insane off roads 4x4 party, but i will be there with J-Flaters.

• Posted Image
    All 4x4's welcome.....registration fee is only $10 to enter. there will be vendors, BBQ, music, trophy presentation at 3:30pm RTI Ramp competition.

located at: 21607 mountain hwy E spanaway wa 98387

More info at Facebook.  Insane Off Road 4x4 Show

#18 Phantom 309

Phantom 309

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 7,876 posts
  • Location2nd to last

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

Last day to get your "likes" in!

#19 Jantz Engineering

Jantz Engineering

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPoulsbo, Wa

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

More tricks and tips.
So what to do if your valve stems, are not compatible with the J-Flaters. You may have flush fitting valve stems, or the valve stems that are right on the outer edge of the rim just waiting to get knocked off on a rock, and you certainly don't want to make them any longer. I've also seen some bead locks that barely had enough room for a stock valve cap behind the lock rings, let alone get some kinda screw on mechanism to fit in there. Of course you could dismount your tire, drill the rim and put in the valve stem where you want it, but what a hassle. These tank valves are the solution. Simply drill and tap for 1/8" pipe threads. They can be picked up at most hardware stores fairly inexpensively. Or I can supply a set of 4 for only $12 and you can save the gas and time of going to the hardware store.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF1640.JPG

#20 SHREK

SHREK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationChehalis

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostPhantom 309, on 18 April 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

Last day to get your "likes" in!
I cheated and just ordered a couple sets. Thanks again Carl look forward to trying them out.

#21 Phantom 309

Phantom 309

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 7,876 posts
  • Location2nd to last

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

The free set is going to Zip for this post with 10 likes!

View Postzip, on 13 April 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Congrats! Shoot me your address and we'll get em dropped in the mail!

#22 kfinney

kfinney

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,144 posts
  • LocationThe Burg

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

YAY congrats ZIP!!!!

#23 JewGoat

JewGoat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • LocationWa

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:22 AM

Congrats Zip!  Hopefully you can chime in how you like the J Flaters after you get them installed!

#24 Jantz Engineering

Jantz Engineering

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPoulsbo, Wa

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:12 AM

View PostJewGoat, on 19 April 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

Congrats Zip!  Hopefully you can chime in how you like the J Flaters after you get them installed!
I don't think the first sets of J-flaters that zip will be receiving has the scotch brite deburring pads in the package, so if you need some let me know. Scotch birite or any medium then fine sand paper will work.

#25 zip

zip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationWetside Wa

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

Thank you, Thank you, very much, just what I needed, I'm always the last to air down :)