Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:03 PM

Got er winterized and ready for the white stuff

Posted Image

Anybody have a passenger door side striker like this drive side one?

Posted Image

#152 ChevyJoe

ChevyJoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:28 AM

For all the haters lol

Ordered some LED headlights - http://www.farmerjoh...light-pair-199/

Posted Image

They came out ok, not nearly as cool as the stockers with black electrical tape X's though
Posted ImagePosted Image

#153 POR

POR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationYour moms

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:45 PM

That looks so much better!! They really glammed up that front end. Good look

#154 ChevyJoe

ChevyJoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:31 PM

Thanks man, I do think they look pretty "cool". Bastards are crazy bright!

#155 Jenks

Jenks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • LocationEllensburg

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:45 PM

View PostChevyJoe, on 17 February 2016 - 02:31 PM, said:

Thanks man, I do think they look pretty "cool". Bastards are crazy bright!
I bet there the same as the old ones.  Its just because their not half covered by tape for no reason..... :blink: Oh wait it looked cool.

#156 ChevyJoe

ChevyJoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:21 PM

View PostJenks, on 17 February 2016 - 03:45 PM, said:

I bet there the same as the old ones.  Its just because their not half covered by tape for no reason..... :blink: Oh wait it looked cool.

You ever going to build a jeep again or just web wheel?

#157 Jenks

Jenks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • LocationEllensburg

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:25 PM

Right now it's fun pitching you shit. Lol

#158 ChevyJoe

ChevyJoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:28 AM

Gained an inch of up travel on passenger side with the steering change. Should've went 1" tubing instead of the 1.5" as it's probably stronger than my knuckles now and I could've got a little more up travel. Steering is quicker as well with the longer pitman arm Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#159 ChevyJoe

ChevyJoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:01 AM

Well I listened to tryan100 and threw on some 37s this winter. I got about 5 trips or so in and blew up the rear R&P, two front R&P's and wasted the front samurai housing. Long story short, I hate breaking and fixing my junk after every trip and I need to step up my winter tire game if I want to keep up.

Screw D60s and all the nonsense, I don't need all that extra weight. Going with either Toyota axles or D44s - but thats where I'm stuck; which set do I go with?

I already have a built Toyota front axle - ARB, 5.29s, longfields, trunion bearing eliminator, drive flanges, etc etc. I also have a spooled 5.29 geared Toyota third for the rear axle but pulled the plug on buying the samurai offset rear rock assault housing because a buddy of mine offered me a pair of offset D44s from a wagoneer in trade for the spooled 5.29 Toyota third.

So what to do - I hate the flimsy Toyota housing, the greasy knuckle ball mess and the horrible steering angle BUT the axle is complete and new spring pads are easy to weld onto the housing.

Or I could sell the front and dump the money from it into the D44s....

Either way I need to get it figured out because I can't stand my jeep being broke down in the garage while my buddies are out enjoying the awesome wheeling we have right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#160 Jay W

Jay W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:51 AM

I have an offset waggy rear you can have cheap.

#161 Jeep48

Jeep48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEllensburg

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:01 AM

High pinion Dana 30 up front is my vote, not sure if they come in passenger offset though

Edited by Jeep48, 01 June 2017 - 08:03 AM.

#162 Jay W

Jay W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:07 AM

View PostJeep48, on 01 June 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

High pinion Dana 30 up front is my vote, not sure if they come in passenger offset though
Why? Limited gear choices, weaker housing, crappy hubs. 👎

#163 ChevyJoe

ChevyJoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:06 PM

View PostJeep48, on 01 June 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

Only driver side drop and not low enough gears for a 4banger .... plus I am already blowing up those size ring and pinions. I want something cheap strong and easy, this whole "jeep broke, can't wheel" bs is getting old fast..

I decided on wagoneer D44s. Toyota and Suzuki parts will be in the for sale section if anybody's interested.

I'll update as I progress

#164 Floorit

Floorit

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,562 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:10 PM

I probably have an offset wagoner rear you can have unless I already pawned it off on Jay

#165 POR

POR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationYour moms

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:36 AM

I'm with ya, I hate the Toyota crap always fails, but it might not be a bad combo in your rig. You can also add the undesirable offset cruiser rear. My buddy has yota crap in Sammi and it's actually held up really well comping the crap out of it. Either way the 44's or yota stuff will be like 60 strength compared to that little Sammi junk

#166 ChevyJoe

ChevyJoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:28 AM

View PostPOR, on 02 June 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

I'm with ya, I hate the Toyota crap always fails, but it might not be a bad combo in your rig. You can also add the undesirable offset cruiser rear. My buddy has yota crap in Sammi and it's actually held up really well comping the crap out of it. Either way the 44's or yota stuff will be like 60 strength compared to that little Sammi junk

The part that really bugs me is all the messy grease in the knuckle balls.... that shit gets everywhere. I also haven't been a fan of these Asian drop out thirds.... it seems like everybody hears of Sami/yota ring and pinions destructing but you hardly every hear of Dana ring and pinions going boom.

I like that I can buy stock housings that are pass offset (and strong) where I would've spent a bunch of money for offset Toyota housings with the same strength. And now wheel spacers with the wagoneer axles

#167 POR

POR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationYour moms

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:38 PM

I'm not sure why everyone sticks grease in the knuckle balls.. but yes the 3rd and housing is always gonna be the nemesis. We have a teammate that is thoroughly testing a hp 3rd in his truggy with 39 reds. So far he's managed to waste 7 longfields, 2 of which were og's, waste a housing and surprisingly the 3rd is still alive.. even on tg gears (though they were re-setup) all that since February lol. I have a hard time thinking your zuki motor can bust a lp 5.29. It will be the failure though, besides the knuckle balls bending. which I think you can do. 44's hardly ever break r/p's but they eat axles like there going out of style. Best thing you can do is limit your steering. I always liked to go 1/4" past stops turnt out all the way. That will help save the shafts always trying to spit the u joint out. I can say I put my yota axles through more hell than I'd ever dream of putting my 44 through. I did have a healthy sbc over the 44 vs 22re in yota so it's kinda apple to oranges in comparison. The Toyota driveline u joints are way stronger than comparable dana stuff. If I were you I'd seriously think about what Avenue your gonna go before jumping on the jeep bandwagon and go 44's all I really see is you buying a tg offset rock assault housing. You definitely have have a dilemma though lol

Edited by POR, 02 June 2017 - 01:02 PM.

#168 ChevyJoe

ChevyJoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:13 PM

I'm not running a 1.3L Zuk motor, I have a 2.3L Zuk motor, 160hp/tq; quite a bit more than your typical 22r that breaks Toyota parts all the time. The weak 44 shafts can be fixed with RCVs if those become a problem but I doubt I'll have issues with chromos being that I don't rock crawl (get it bound up)

#169 Tryan100

Tryan100

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts
  • LocationYakima

Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:50 AM

I am getting blamed for you breaking your shit?  Maybe if you didn't abuse the poor thing the axles would hold up better.  It was only a matter of time regardless of what size tire you were running.   I hate Toyota shit but if I were in your position those Toyota axles would already be under my jeep.  You could always run the Toyota front and the offset wagoner rear.

#170 ChevyJoe

ChevyJoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

Not at all. The lowest matching gears if I ran toy front/D44s rear are 4.88, I need lower like 5.29/5.38. And still have shitty steering angle/closed knuckles. Going 44 front

#171 Buc4x

Buc4x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:26 AM

I run a stock centered toy rear housing with no issues

#172 POR

POR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationYour moms

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:16 AM

You can run the 5.29 and 5.38 together, there close enough ratios.

#173 Rocktoy

Rocktoy

Advanced Member

• Vendor
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationHarrah

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:52 AM

View PostBuc4x, on 05 June 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:

I run a stock centered toy rear housing with no issues
My brother did the same thing when he was running the zuk motor, Trans and transfer case no problems.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

#174 ChevyJoe

ChevyJoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:27 PM

Less drag in the snow if both diff's are lined up lol. I want my diffs the same brand and gear ratio - brakes will be the same front and back, drive lines the same, etc

Already picked up an offset 44 rear (thanks floorit) and will be getting the 44 front shortly

Edited by ChevyJoe, 05 June 2017 - 01:32 PM.