This looks like a fun event. :thumbsup:

#2 Phantom 309

Phantom 309

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 7,876 posts
  • Location2nd to last

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

Every year about this time, I say that I'm going to compete next year....but I never do. It's usually because I don't have time, but in reality it's probably because I'm to lazy. :laughing:  Regardless, they look like pretty cool events. I'm surprised that they aren't more popular. You really don't hear a lot about them.

#3 Porkchop7P1

Porkchop7P1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationMontesano, wa

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

Did it like 3 years in a row. It was really a good time.

#4 kfinney

kfinney

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,144 posts
  • LocationThe Burg

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

I think this is the one mumblewood did too.  We checked into it but the chuggy was too wide and we couldn't get another rig to commit to the team.  I'm with P309, I would think that it would be more popular and we'd hear more about it.  I thought it used to fill up pretty fast.

#5 scoot_mcgrute

scoot_mcgrute

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • LocationTigard, Or

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

When Doug was running it, they were turning people away. That video was from the good ole days of TSF when we were able to run the North side of the highway and not just the South side. My dad competed in it in his CJ5 numerous times and finished top 3 3 years in a row. When the North side was shut down to 4x4 travel, a club in Wa took it over for a couple years and then ended up cancelling a couple times.

Last year was the first year in Oregon again and it was in mid-August. Lots of miles and really hot. This year it will be in September so the weather can go either way. If the Rover doesn't sell by then, I may be interested in competing :thumbsup:

#6 Mumblewood

Mumblewood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationRenton Wa

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

I've done the Wa event every year they had it. Took 9th the first year, 1st the 2nd year and 2nd the last year. My team and I have thought about doing the Oregon event, but timing isn't good right now. It was a blast and we would like to do it again.

Oh the year we won was the hardest trail running year and it scared a lot of people from running it again, but we loved it! Liberty in a massive downpour rain is awesome and we try to hit it yearly because its hard then

#7 SHREK

SHREK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationChehalis

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

The Oregon events were fun.  The Washington event was more about gps than wheeling I thought but still a good time.

#8 Mumblewood

Mumblewood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationRenton Wa

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

View PostSHREK, on 15 March 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

The Oregon events were fun.  The Washington event was more about gps than wheeling I thought but still a good time.

What year/s in washington did ya do it and what was your team numbers?

That's exactly why we won the liberty event, we weren't good with GPS but know those trails and everyone else was having problems with the mud on them,

Edited by Mumblewood, 15 March 2013 - 04:16 PM.

#9 scoot_mcgrute

scoot_mcgrute

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • LocationTigard, Or

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostMumblewood, on 15 March 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

I've done the Wa event every year they had it. Took 9th the first year, 1st the 2nd year and 2nd the last year. My team and I have thought about doing the Oregon event, but timing isn't good right now. It was a blast and we would like to do it again.

Oh the year we won was the hardest trail running year and it scared a lot of people from running it again, but we loved it! Liberty in a massive downpour rain is awesome and we try to hit it yearly because its hard then

I couldn't remember the year but it looks like my dad and Doug placed 3rd in 2008. Dad was in his Defender 90 and Doug was in his Series II Hybrid. A couple friends of mine got the hard luck award that year after a roll in a Yota.

#10 Mumblewood

Mumblewood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationRenton Wa

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Yep 08 was Manashtash and 09 Liberty where a truck rolled

#11 SHREK

SHREK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationChehalis

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

The very first year in Washington  up Manashtash. Not sure on team number.

#12 JeepinJunk

JeepinJunk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationAhtanum Valley

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Aren't those 2 old CJ5's Bark Skinner Jeeps, Shrek? I know Matt, Dale and a couple of others competed in Oregon after we quit.

#13 Barkskinnersjeeps

Barkskinnersjeeps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationChehalis

Posted 14 February 2016 - 07:16 PM

Yes the 2 cj5s are bark skinner jeeps

#14 Jay W

Jay W

Advanced Member

• Members