#1 DaveW

DaveW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationMonroe

Posted 31 October 2016 - 06:24 AM

So I finally got the new motor in the buggy and idled it up to operating temperature over the weekend. I would really like to do a proper engine break in where you put a few miles on the motor at various rpm's. I'm shooting for 100-200 miles. I need to break it in this week cause I want to race down at the PNWoffroad Eddieville track this weekend. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to take a non-street legal buggy for some sustained miles short of unloading the buggy on the I-90 in the middle of the night? Anywhere somewhat close to the I-90 from Seattle to Spokane as I might be heading out that way on Wednesday. I was thinking of Moses Lake dunes but also looking for other suggestions.

#2 POR

POR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationYour moms

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:16 AM

I like the I90 idea lol

#3 DaveW

DaveW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationMonroe

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:25 PM

I am very tempted. I just need someone to run the tow rig and trailer in front of me.

#4 Atkins

Atkins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationGleed

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:18 PM

Would hours on the motor count more than miles?  Grab a map and drive south of Cle Elum and Thorp.  Head to Whistlin Jack's for some food.

#5 DaveW

DaveW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationMonroe

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:41 AM

Yes hours under some work load count. Turns out that with all the changes (cnc heads, custom cam, new injectors etc.) she's being temperamental. Stalls when I get off the gas. Found a shop in Kirkland with a dyno and going to go get it dyno tuned tomorrow and can break in the motor on the dyno as well.

#6 Phantom 309

Phantom 309

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 7,876 posts
  • Location2nd to last

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:18 AM

Not as good as some of the other suggestions but there's always The Slab (Ranks) just southeast of Yakima near Buena. Not sure how many acres it is, but it's open private land (for lack of better term) and should be pretty empty on a week day. Lots of whoops and loose, steep (albeit short) hill climbs.

#7 Phantom 309

Phantom 309

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 7,876 posts
  • Location2nd to last

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:20 AM

There's also LT Murray near Wenas, but you're more likely to run into an unhappy local until you get a couple of miles in.

#8 DaveW

DaveW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationMonroe

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:17 AM

Thanks for The Slab suggestion. New tune is going in today and I'm hoping to head towards the PNWoffroad race at the Eddieville track sometime Friday near Goldendale. The Slab wouldn't be too far off my route to stop buy for a little break in. It looks like a pretty cool area.