Jump to content


KOH 2017


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 JayLuke

JayLuke

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationDuvall

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:24 PM

Any of my friends here going or thinking about going this year? I'm worried last years weather may be a deterant for some of you...But think about how much fun we all had the year before that!

#2 JayLuke

JayLuke

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationDuvall

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:30 PM

I'm pretty certain I'm going this year. Jason Blanton's new Jimmys IFS car won't be ready. So instead we are racing Keith & Sean's brand new Maverick SXS. I will have my rig & dirt bike there.

#3 Phantom 309

Phantom 309

    Advanced Member

  • Administrators
  • 7,876 posts
  • Location2nd to last

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:03 PM

....maybe I will go again...




Posted Image


"The Vision X Shootout" presented by KMC, King Shocks and Nitro Gear will be returning Back Door for KOH Week 2017!  The 4th annual event will feature 4-wheel drive off road competition vehicles ranging from SRRS bouncers to ULTRA4s to garage built rock crawlers competing in a shootout format.  Fastest vehicle to complete the course. The event will take place on Monday February 6th, 2017 preceding the 2017 Nitto King of The Hammers Powered by Optima Battery. A new feature for 2017 is the top 10 drivers in the shootout will qualify for Friday's King of The Hammers Race." And all drivers registered for LCQ have the option of participating in the Vision X Shootout!

The cost to enter this year’s shootout is $200 per entrant. To register, drivers must first sign in  with their existing account or create a driver profile on ULTRA4 racing and then click here. Select racers, select shootout and complete registration. Only the first 30 drivers will be selected.  SRRS has selected 20 drivers that they have invited to attend. 30 more will be entered through this registration. Please note in order to compete drivers will need standard safety gear including, helmets, race suits and 5 point harnesses in their vehicles.

The purse for the 2017 Vision X  Shootout will be $7500 to the fastest vehicle to complete the course. An additional $2500 purse will be awarded to best in show judged by the crowd.

*Drivers that qualify for KOH will still be required to pay all applicable KOH Fees, including Entry, tracker rental and USAC Insurance. Drivers are qualified, cars will still be required to pass the ULTRA4 Tech inspection for consideration for Friday's race.


Posted Image

#4 Phantom 309

Phantom 309

    Advanced Member

  • Administrators
  • 7,876 posts
  • Location2nd to last

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:04 PM

View PostJayLuke, on 29 December 2016 - 01:24 PM, said:

Any of my friends here going or thinking about going this year? I'm worried last years weather may be a deterant for some of you...But think about how much fun we all had the year before that!


I don't wanna hear it since I couldn't get you down there last year! :thumbdown:

#5 Gradiance

Gradiance

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Locationyakima

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:31 PM

Better question is who's going there to wheel?

#6 SHREK

SHREK

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationChehalis

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:04 PM

See ya there.

#7 Gradiance

Gradiance

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Locationyakima

Posted 31 December 2016 - 01:01 AM

Hell yeah

#8 dirk

dirk

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Locationwashington

Posted 31 December 2016 - 08:11 PM

I'll be there crewing for Off Track Motorsports...4580 running EMC.

https://www.facebook...ackMotorsports/

Edited by dirk, 31 December 2016 - 08:12 PM.


#9 JayLuke

JayLuke

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationDuvall

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:34 AM

View PostPhantom 309, on 29 December 2016 - 03:04 PM, said:

I don't wanna hear it since I couldn't get you down there last year! :thumbdown:

Dude! I've got small childrens. Gotta cut me some slack

#10 POR

POR

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationYour moms

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:47 AM

View PostGradiance, on 30 December 2016 - 07:31 PM, said:

Better question is who's going there to wheel?

Big Sam?.... 😂

#11 Landabuser

Landabuser

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMaple Valley WA

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:59 PM

Is anyone going? I'm lookin for a ride for me and the KTM?

#12 SHREK

SHREK

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationChehalis

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:03 AM

View PostPhantom 309, on 29 December 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

....maybe I will go again...




Posted Image


"The Vision X Shootout" presented by KMC, King Shocks and Nitro Gear will be returning Back Door for KOH Week 2017!  The 4th annual event will feature 4-wheel drive off road competition vehicles ranging from SRRS bouncers to ULTRA4s to garage built rock crawlers competing in a shootout format.  Fastest vehicle to complete the course. The event will take place on Monday February 6th, 2017 preceding the 2017 Nitto King of The Hammers Powered by Optima Battery. A new feature for 2017 is the top 10 drivers in the shootout will qualify for Friday's King of The Hammers Race." And all drivers registered for LCQ have the option of participating in the Vision X Shootout!

The cost to enter this year’s shootout is $200 per entrant. To register, drivers must first sign in  with their existing account or create a driver profile on ULTRA4 racing and then click here. Select racers, select shootout and complete registration. Only the first 30 drivers will be selected.  SRRS has selected 20 drivers that they have invited to attend. 30 more will be entered through this registration. Please note in order to compete drivers will need standard safety gear including, helmets, race suits and 5 point harnesses in their vehicles.

The purse for the 2017 Vision X  Shootout will be $7500 to the fastest vehicle to complete the course. An additional $2500 purse will be awarded to best in show judged by the crowd.

*Drivers that qualify for KOH will still be required to pay all applicable KOH Fees, including Entry, tracker rental and USAC Insurance. Drivers are qualified, cars will still be required to pass the ULTRA4 Tech inspection for consideration for Friday's race.


Posted Image

Just read a post from SRRS Series that Bobby Tanner, Plow boy, and 20 other bouncers are heading west this year. Can't wait. They are also holding a bounty hill climb on Tuesday night.

#13 homeboy

homeboy

    Daddy D

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:17 PM

Back door will be awesome. It was great In 2014 and 2015 when I went.

Kinda miss it, won't happen for me this year.

Edited by homeboy, 07 January 2017 - 06:22 PM.


#14 tom58c

tom58c

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationYakima

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:23 PM

View PostSHREK, on 07 January 2017 - 08:03 AM, said:

Just read a post from SRRS Series that Bobby Tanner, Plow boy, and 20 other bouncers are heading west this year. Can't wait. They are also holding a bounty hill climb on Tuesday night.


And now I really want to go... :(

#15 Landabuser

Landabuser

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMaple Valley WA

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:47 AM

I'm in. Found a ride.

#16 Phantom 309

Phantom 309

    Advanced Member

  • Administrators
  • 7,876 posts
  • Location2nd to last

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:25 PM

First victim of KOH 2017.

Attached File  koh fire.jpg   62.67K   15 downloads

#17 tom58c

tom58c

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationYakima

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:50 PM

:sick: Tragic

#18 Phantom 309

Phantom 309

    Advanced Member

  • Administrators
  • 7,876 posts
  • Location2nd to last

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:05 AM

Who's got the highlight video from the shootout?

#19 Landabuser

Landabuser

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMaple Valley WA

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:44 PM

Hold tight. Working on it

#20 Landabuser

Landabuser

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMaple Valley WA

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:36 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

#21 Landabuser

Landabuser

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMaple Valley WA

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:37 PM

Got some good video from Back Door, just can't get it to load.

#22 Phantom 309

Phantom 309

    Advanced Member

  • Administrators
  • 7,876 posts
  • Location2nd to last

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:15 AM



#23 RTH

RTH

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationCleElum

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:19 PM

The rock bouncer thing is very real now.

I know they always make an appearance but Insane how many of those cars made the trip west this year

#24 tom58c

tom58c

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationYakima

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:10 PM

For the non facebook crowd, or even watch the live feed, It was a great race.

Freaking fast at that. Jason Scherer, Wayland Campbell, Shannon, Tom, just full speed the whole way. The finish was the best one yet! Those Campbells have something special.

Shannon is your first 3 time winner on time. Wayland finished first but was 28 ( or something ) seconds behind Shannon on time. Campbell family had a amazing week.

IFS cars and cars with IRS worked well this year.


I was so rooting for Tom as he was leading most of the racing just checking out on everyone. Then not far into the 3rd lap... That ended. Glad he finished though with the help of some others out there! That guy is going to get it someday!

Edited by tom58c, 10 February 2017 - 07:11 PM.


#25 tom58c

tom58c

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationYakima

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:09 AM