#26 Phantom 309

Phantom 309

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 7,876 posts
  • Location2nd to last

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:35 PM

View PostChevyJoe, on 07 February 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

Just like everybody else, I wish more tire company's made 37" tires in 15" wheels

What's a 37"? Is that for a RZR? :ninja:

#27 R.DesJardin

R.DesJardin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationClarkston,WA

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:30 PM

View PostPhantom 309, on 07 February 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

How old are the Iroks? I hated mine at first. It took a couple of outings and a groover to get them to wrinkle right. After that I liked them as much as any set of Purple Unicorns that I've ever had. I've never had Kevlars, but I've never had anyone show me a reason to want them either.

IROKs are 8yrs old and still full tread really. They will wrinkle out.  This was the first time I wasn't king dog of the pack, my son-in-law told me to get over it. Like I said nothing changed on the way I have been wheelin' same truck same tires for the last 8yrs. Maybe next time I'll drive circles around them but man I could not believe how well they were getting around. It was like the IROKs were too aggressive of a tread for the conditions, I had often wondered how a different tire would do and I was shown that day. I want to go out with the same guys again and see what different conditions show in performance.

#28 Landabuser

Landabuser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMaple Valley WA

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:43 PM

8 years old? Wow, who owns tires that long. Trust me, they are shot. Buy a new set. You'll be back on top, (of the snow)

#29 R.DesJardin

R.DesJardin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationClarkston,WA

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:53 PM

View PostLandabuser, on 07 February 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

8 years old? Wow, who owns tires that long. Trust me, they are shot. Buy a new set. You'll be back on top, (of the snow)

40 mi one way to the mnts. drive on snow, drive home. Maybe 4 times a year. Then to Naches once a year, hauled on a trailer there. drive trails for 2 or three days. Then home. 8yrs, they still are like almost new. Oh, and 4mi to work a couple times a year, in town 25-35mph max.

#30 JewGoat

JewGoat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • LocationWa

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:57 PM

View PostLandabuser, on 07 February 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

I do.  Why are my tires shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#31 RTH

RTH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationCleElum

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:53 PM

Every tire has its day.

Surprised were still beating on this.

Beadlock that pig, air em down and watch your rig do magical things.

#32 Mumblewood

Mumblewood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationRenton Wa

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:27 PM

Ive run them both (on a 17"rim)  and in my experience  their both good. In snow and sand i think their close to the same, In thick mud Iroks I think clean out better but I like the MT/R's better on rocks, but since I live in the PNW I wheel both. I will probably stick with the MT/R's for a while and may not go back to the Iroks only for 1 reason and that's if I chose to drive to the trail instead of trailer the MT/Rs are nicer to do that on.

I do prefer the new MT/R over the old style (I ran those also).

Oh and I still have a set of 36X13.50X17 Bias Iroks still for sale :thumbup:

#33 ChevyJoe

ChevyJoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:10 AM

View PostMumblewood, on 07 February 2017 - 10:27 PM, said:

I do prefer the new MT/R over the old style (I ran those also).

Hey! You don't say that! I don't believe it! Lol

#34 green1

green1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Locationellensburg

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:58 AM

try the front ones turned around if they are digging too fast.  steel wheels, aluminum will slip beads off easier.  i tried them once, no bueno.
dry mount them, dont let the tire shop grease them up at all.
i ran like that for years no problems unless it was late at night and i got stupid :sorcerer:
but beadlocks are a game changer kinda.  when youre not worried you wheel better.