Jump to content


Does Tim Cameron like IFS?


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 tom58c

tom58c

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationYakima

Posted 12 March 2017 - 02:58 PM





#2 R.DesJardin

R.DesJardin

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationClarkston,WA

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:38 PM

I like how he tells about fixing parts every time out. Til that day. So Tim  Cameron gave up too quickly? Time will tell.

#3 tom58c

tom58c

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationYakima

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:13 PM

I do believe Tim gave up too quick but he was in a time crunch and needed to steal a lot from money maker to do it. Tim needed to do a redesign on the A arms, fix the geometries and tune the shocks to not be so soft that they soak up everything.

Lazernut car works. OPW car works. UFO's angery duck works. It just takes more time to get right then the conventional designs.

This Outlaw buggy might be a favorite bouncer yet. Side engine, IFS, IRS, 4 wheel steer.

#4 tom58c

tom58c

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationYakima

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:21 PM

Hope it gives Tim some inspiration to try again!

#5 Tryan100

Tryan100

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts
  • LocationYakima

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:25 PM

Looks like it works

#6 POR

POR

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationYour moms

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:48 AM

Timmie flat out didn't like how it worked, he couldn't feel the terrain and the suspension soaked up everything, essentially taking the "bounce" out of bouncing. He didn't give up early, he just went back to what he likes.

#7 R.DesJardin

R.DesJardin

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationClarkston,WA

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:34 AM

View PostPOR, on 13 March 2017 - 06:48 AM, said:

Timmie flat out didn't like how it worked, he couldn't feel the terrain and the suspension soaked up everything, essentially taking the "bounce" out of bouncing. He didn't give up early, he just went back to what he likes.

That just seems like a suspension tuning thing, aka stiffer springs/different shock tune. I guess if you don't have the time to build it up and test then its better to go with what you know.

#8 POR

POR

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationYour moms

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:36 AM

View PostR.DesJardin, on 13 March 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:



That just seems like a suspension tuning thing, aka stiffer springs/different shock tune. I guess if you don't have the time to build it up and test then its better to go with what you know.

You're confusing not liking something to needs more tuning... to repeat timmies exact words.. the suspension worked awesome, so awesome it soaked up everything, took all the bounce out and it doesn't fit my driving style.

Edited by POR, 13 March 2017 - 09:43 AM.


#9 tom58c

tom58c

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationYakima

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

It wouldn't have soak up everything had it been tuned differently. Outlaw didn't soak up shit compared to money maker. You didn't see how bouncy outlaw was? lol.  Shock tuning!

#10 POR

POR

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationYour moms

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:52 PM

View Posttom58c, on 13 March 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

It wouldn't have soak up everything had it been tuned differently. Outlaw didn't soak up shit compared to money maker. You didn't see how bouncy outlaw was? lol.  Shock tuning!

Lol.. so ifs is not to soak up everything?
You guys are not reading correctly or something.. I don't like ford's I like chevys, apperently I haven't spent enough time tuning ford.. by your math this is a valid statement.  So let's try this again.. Tim Cameron DOESN'T like ifs THEREFORE he built another solid axle car.
You can't tune your way out of something you don't like.. to say he didn't tune his car enough is dumb talk. Also, I wasn't comparing the 2 buggys. I responded to a statement that timmie gave up to soon and didn't tune his enough. That was an incorrect statement.

#11 R.DesJardin

R.DesJardin

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationClarkston,WA

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:04 PM

View Posttom58c, on 13 March 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

It wouldn't have soak up everything had it been tuned differently. Outlaw didn't soak up shit compared to money maker. You didn't see how bouncy outlaw was? lol.  Shock tuning!

Yep, again.

#12 POR

POR

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationYour moms

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:23 PM

View PostPOR, on 13 March 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:


Here try this

Lol.. Tim Cameron DOESN'T like ifs



#13 POR

POR

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationYour moms

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:26 PM

I'd also point out outlaw doesn't look nearly as tuned as timmies car was either..

#14 Tryan100

Tryan100

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts
  • LocationYakima

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:26 PM

I work on vw, Audi, or whatever other piece of shit somebody puts in front of me. Not that I understand what the hell that has to do with anything. But with that said your last post is exactly what these guys are talking about. His suspension was too good. Clearly you can't compare oris to coilovers and bypasses. The point is you can tune suspension to act differently.  It doesn't have to soak the bumps up that well.  Maybe Tim could have tuned it differently to do what he wanted. We all just like seeing the sport evolve.  No need to use caps bro.

Edited by Tryan100, 13 March 2017 - 08:27 PM.


#15 Gradiance

Gradiance

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Locationyakima

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:38 AM

So let me get this straight. You guys are telling me that the #1 man in rockbouncing with unlimited aftermarket support in every aspect including shock tuning made a bad call because he chose not to tune his ifs setup properly for what you think would work for what hes doing with it... You might as well start giving Shannon Campbell suggestions for ultra 4....just thinking out loud here.

#16 Tryan100

Tryan100

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts
  • LocationYakima

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:00 AM

Did someone say that?

#17 POR

POR

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationYour moms

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:22 AM

View Posttom58c, on 12 March 2017 - 08:13 PM, said:

I do believe Tim gave up too quick but he was in a time crunch and needed to steal a lot from money maker to do it. Tim needed to do a redesign on the A arms, fix the geometries and tune the shocks to not be so soft that they soak up everything.

This is wrong, so your telling me it's faster to build a whole new car than fix a arms? The geometry wasn't wrong it was cad designed not built under a tarp, shocks were tuned to make the ifs work the best.. once again Tim Cameron built a new solid axle car because he doesn't like ifs. All your statements are incorrect Tom. Yeah he coulda shoulda woulda with the ifs but he didn't.. why... because he doesn't like ifs

#18 POR

POR

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationYour moms

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:38 AM

View PostTryan100, on 13 March 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

I work on vw, Audi, or whatever other piece of shit somebody puts in front of me. Not that I understand what the hell that has to do with anything. But with that said your last post is exactly what these guys are talking about. His suspension was too good. Clearly you can't compare oris to coilovers and bypasses. The point is you can tune suspension to act differently.  It doesn't have to soak the bumps up that well.  Maybe Tim could have tuned it differently to do what he wanted. We all just like seeing the sport evolve.  No need to use caps bro.

If you don't like something you can't tune your way to liking it.. I don't like fords, you can't tune a Ford to make me like it.. do you see the relevance here?
I understand shocks and tuning and even ori's , more so than most on here. I never even said anything on who's buggy was better. Your right Timmie could have tuned his way into a stiffer suspension, but he didn't.. do you know why?.. I do! He doesn't like ifs. I was just trying clarify Tom's inaccurate statements on why timmie went away from ifs. I like seeing the sport evolve also, I like to think I'm part of that evolution, but I'm not on the ulra4 bandwagon. I've been around the block a few times and appreciate different stuff for different area's, and have aquired quite a bit of knowledge on the way.  The caps bro were apperently needed..

#19 POR

POR

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationYour moms

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:43 AM

You got one more post to move down here Tom

#20 POR

POR

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationYour moms

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:47 AM

Here's a pretty educational video.
https://youtu.be/u3ulXB3Zyko

#21 SHREK

SHREK

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationChehalis

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

All I know is the Outlaw will not put up with driving it like that all season.

#22 R.DesJardin

R.DesJardin

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationClarkston,WA

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:56 PM

View PostGradiance, on 14 March 2017 - 05:38 AM, said:

So let me get this straight. You guys are telling me that the #1 man in rockbouncing with unlimited aftermarket support in every aspect including shock tuning made a bad call because he chose not to tune his ifs setup properly for what you think would work for what hes doing with it... You might as well start giving Shannon Campbell suggestions for ultra 4....just thinking out loud here.

Not totally. I don't think he wanted to take the time to do it. This is understandable. He knew he could stay on top with his solid axle car and didn't want to spend time not being competitive figuring IFS out.  I was shocked that someone who should know new takes time to debug seemed to spend little time testing the new design.

#23 tom58c

tom58c

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationYakima

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:23 PM

Sense people appear to think I don't know anything... Have fun kids.

Thanks to who ever made this a topic all its own I guess. Wasn't wanting this to be a fuck chevyjoe style thing.

#24 POR

POR

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationYour moms

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:50 AM

View Posttom58c, on 14 March 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

Sense people appear to think I don't know anything... Have fun kids.

Thanks to who ever made this a topic all its own I guess. Wasn't wanting this to be a fuck chevyjoe style thing.

Lol its the only way to get posts on here!!

#25 POR

POR

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationYour moms

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:04 AM

View Posttom58c, on 14 March 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

Sense people appear to think I don't know anything... Have fun kids.

Thanks to who ever made this a topic all its own I guess. Wasn't wanting this to be a fuck chevyjoe style thing.

Noone said you didn't know anything! Just your statements were inaccurate